Sunday, September 28, 2008

Checketts in the News

This week was kind of fun because Andrew and I both made the newspaper.

Andrew was recognized on the front page of the Eugene Register-Guard Sports Section because his recruiting class was ranked second-best in the nation. He has worked so hard and done such a great job and it was fun to see the article in the paper. Go Ducks!


The next day, I was in the Register-Guard as well when an article I wrote for the hospital was published in the "Your Health" section. In short, I said to eat MORE...fruits and vegetables that is. One tip that I learned from writing this article was to make fruits and vegetables half of what you eat every time you eat - that's a good challenge!


10 comments:

Jenny said...

Michelle, that article was wonderful! And that's coming from a journalist. ;) You're a great writer, and the message was very clear. Good reminder, and I LOVE the new campaign. I hope you're doing well. I still miss Oregon!!! But, we're adjusting to life back in VA. Just takes time. :) Glad to see all is going well. You look beautiful! Congrats on graduating! Hope to hear from you sometime!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the news! The health conscious people of Eugene now have two reasons to like the new baseball coach - his recruiting class and his nutritionist wife!

Scott said...

How wonderful! I've been published numerous times in a news paper, but that's just because it was my high school news paper and I was in the journalism class. It's so good to hear about you and your life so far away.
~Trina

Richie said...

Talk about a power couple! Whoo hoo! Congratulations!

I'm lovin' the new blog name too...

Jared & Larisa said...

Michelle my bell! What a fun blog - it's so great to see what you're up to. Congrats on getting in the newspaper :) If we're ever in your area I promise to visit. Our blog is www.kyserboof.blogspot.com Miss you!

Unknown said...

no fair! you're not allowed to change the address of your blog...it disappeared! :(
Good thing i'm so stalkerish and found a comment of yours on Scott&Trina's blog ;)
You guys are famous!

Stephanie said...

That's awesome Michelle! You guys have the coolest professions :)

Hey, I hope you don't mind but I'm adding your blog to my blogroll - If you do mind, please let me know & I'll remove you right away! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed with your newspaper foray. You're now both much more googleable, and I really like MPH RD eligible as a moniker. Very nice.
Dad

ps, in the spirit of full disclosure, I just ate a relatively large bowl of ice cream. But I was thinking of Andrew when I did it.

party of four said...

You guys are famous...and so cute! We really should get together sometime and do something...boys included. Thanks for the yummy muffins today...Thomas loved them too!

parkinfamily said...

Michelle...it's Jen (Russell). How are you? You look gorgeous. How is life treating you? If you are ever out east, let me know and we can get together!