Friday, September 25, 2009

Welcome Amelia Anne Checketts
Born 6:11 am Wednesday, September 23, 2009
7 pounds 2 ounces, 19 1/4 inches long

Proud Mom and Dad after a start-to-finish 3 hour labor!

She's finally here and she is so much fun! We are so in love with our sweet little girl and are having so much fun with her. Can't wait until you all get to meet her!

Tuesday morning I went into my 39.5 week doctor's appointment and my amniotic fluid was low and the baby was measuring small. Throughout the pregnancy there had been enough concern about the placenta failing that the doctor felt it was time to get our baby out. So she said, "Are you ready to have a baby tonight?" Well, ready or not, it was time!

We went into the hospital Tuesday night and they planned to induce me at 7:00am the next morning. I ended up going into labor that night at 2:30 am and having the baby 3 1/2 hours later at 6:11 am - 1 hour before we were scheduled to be induced! And she was a pound bigger than the ultrasound had shown at my doctor's appointment. It was an amazing experience and such a surprise that it happened so fast.
Andrew giving Amelia her first bath an hour after she was born. He is such an awesome dad and it has been so fun to see them together. His eyes light up when he sees her and he always wants to hold, burp and change her. She loves the sound of his voice and being held by him.

Our sweet little Amelia

We can't tell yet who she looks like, but we sure think she's cute

What a good-looking new Dad!

Andrew taking a work phone call with his 1 day old baby in his lap :)

Getting ready to go home in her fuzzy psychedelic pjs

How many first-time parents does it take to put one tiny baby in a car seat? Apparently two with two grandmas standing by for support!

1 day old
Tired new mommy...and this is just the beginning!
I love her hair and hope she keeps it! I didn't have hair until I was 3 years old, but Andrew did as a baby, so we'll see.

2 days old
After a night of very little sleep, she's ready for a day full of sleep. It appears that we've got a long way to go before this little girl gets her nights and days straight.

We are so grateful for our healthy, happy, sweet baby girl and are having so much fun with her. I know having a baby means I will be taking more pictures, and I hope I will find time to blog them more frequently. It's 2:000am right now, so it looks like I may be having more hours in my day so we'll see.

28 comments:

Julia and Aaron said...

Congratulations, Michelle! It sounds like you had a really good experience! Amelia is a cutie!:)

-Julia (Pratt)

Scott said...

Congratulations! It was fun to finally see pictures. Evelyn and Allison are so excited to meet their new cousin!

Matt and Lisa said...

Chelly, she is so beautiful! You guys look like pros :-) In some picts I think she looks like you and then others like Andrew, so I guess we'll have to wait until she's a bit older. I bought my tickets last night and can't wait to come meet her! I love you sweet Amelia!
Lisa

Trina said...

Yeah! I love her! I love her dark hair and hope she can keep it. You look great and so happy as a new mommy! Can wait to see you guys and meet the only Asay cousin!

Love you and congrats!

MattJulieGavin said...

Congrats Beautiful Chelle! You look amazing & your precious Amelia is just gorgeous!!! What a good looking family you have! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Megan said...

She's beautiful! We want to come see her! Let us know when it's OK!

Katie and Eric said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful and Michelle, you look great. Amelia shares a birthday with our Annie! How fun. Enjoy being a mother, it is the best!:)

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

She is beautiful! We are so happy for you! Congrats! Have fun with you new sweet little addition to your family!

melissa ( : said...

Michelle! Congratulations! Amelia is so darling, and you look amazing. You are going to LOVE being a mommy, it is the best thing ever. I'm so happy for you! Enjoy every second with that tiny bundle of joy... every SINGLE second!

Love ya!

ChristyLou said...

Oh Michelle, I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful blessing. I'm so glad that your birthing experience was good and that everything was alright with little Amelia. Wonderful! You look absolutely beautiful and so does she. There will probably be some challenging times ahead, but it looks like you are ready for them and just happy to have your little sweetheart! I'm praying for you and sending Amelia "sleep at night" vibes! Congratulations again!! Love ya!

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

congratulations! What a special time!

party of four said...

Yay, I'm so happy!! I read the stats first...so when you said she was small...I was thinking, whatever, 7 lbs is great! Yay for baby Amelia. I think she totally looks like both of you! I wanted to call you yesterday, but then it got too late. And I want to call you right now, but it's 7:30 in the morning for you. I will give you a few hours...and then I'm calling you. I can't wait to meet your sweet girl!! Congrats to you and Andrew!

Jules said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! I have to say, I think she looks like her Daddy. ;)

You look amazing for just having had a baby and I'm so excited to see more pictures! I'm sure you're set, but new babies were always quite challenging for me, so I just thought I'd pass along two great books: Babywise, and Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby. I used them in conjunction with my last two and had really great results.

You're amazing Michelle, Congratulations again!!!!

Unknown said...

She is just beautiful. Congratulations. Can't wait to meet her.

Amber Joy said...

Congratulations, Michelle (and Andrew)! I love the name Amelia - its beautiful and so is She! I'm so happy for you.

Enjoy her.

Marci said...

She is gorgeous. Way to go on a a quick labor! She's already a good girl with a really tough mom. You look great!

Andrea said...

Oh Michelle, she's so beautiful it makes me want to cry. I remember it took Joss about three weeks to get her nights and days straight...she'll get there. I'm so glad your labor was so fast. I can't wait to hear about it. We have family in town right now, but I will call you in a couple of days. You look amazing!!!!!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Yeah! She's here. I'm so happy everything went well! Can't wait to meet her:)

The Andersons said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you and Andrew. That little girl wanted to get here in a hurry. 3 hours wow! She is so beautiful. I am so excited for you! Amelia is the cutest name too. So perfect. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Jenny said...

She is so beautiful and cute! Congratulations, Michelle! I almost cried when I saw this post.

Hang in there with the days & nights situation. Our little guy took about six weeks to figure it out, but someone else told me it should only take two. She'll start to pick up the cues. :) You look beautiful and I'm so happy for you and your husband. Get some rest!!! (Sleep when the baby sleeps. :) I'm sure you've heard that a million times over...)

Kristin said...

Oh Michelle, she is so darling!! I have been wanting to call you and bring you some dinner, but I figured you probably have a lot of help right now, so I wanted to wait a week or two. Dianna did that for me and it was really nice. Really she is SO gorgeous, I can't wait to see her!

Dan and Ang said...

Congratulations! She's so beautiful! You're amazing! I can't wait to meet her. :)

J. and Leslie said...

My dear Michelle! Congratulations to you and Andrew!! Amelia is so beautiful, I can't wait to meet her. You look great and I can't wait for more pictures! Love and miss you!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!! She's so beautiful and you all seem so happy:) You look great. I'm happy for you! Good luck with all the adjusting and lack of sleep.

Jen said...

Amelia is beautiful! Congratulations. I know those fast labors can be kind of intense, so props to you!

Rachel said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! Love her to pieces... it is amazing being a mom. Hope all is well. That is funny they said she was small. Lincoln weighed 6lbs 11 oz and that was 2 days before his due date.

The Au Family said...

Congrats on your new baby, Michelle. She is absolutely beautiful and you look great!

Chelsea said...

Um, hi. I don't follow your blog often enough, obviously. But congratulations on your beautiful baby!!! She's so precious!