Yummy Watermelon
Doesn't that picture just make your mouth water? I love the wonderful fruits and vegetables of summer, but one of my absolute favorites this year has been watermelon - yum! I like to chop the whole thing up into bite-sized pieces and put it in a tupperware in the fridge so I can pull it out on a whim and enjoy cold, juicy, delicious cubes of watermelon...wish I had one right now.So the funny thing about watermelon these days, unlike the watermelon from my childhood, is that they are almost always seedless. I have discovered that this is a nice perk and seems to make it that much more enjoyable to savor the flavor without bothering with the seeds. I didn't even realize how convenient this was until last week when I bought one that happened to have seeds in it. When I asked Andrew if he wanted some for dinner he jokingly said, "Yes, but can you take out all those annoying seeds for me?" Oh, how convenient our lives have become...
Okay, now the third, and last thing I will say about watermelons is this: I look very much like I swallowed one whole, don't you think?
Compare to the picture in the same outfit 8 weeks ago to see the dramatic difference of the last couple months...yikes. Having such a "large and in charge buddha" (magilla gorilla quote:)) has definitely made me consider some things I will not take for granted in the future. Just a few of those things being:
- Having an innie belly button (look, you can see it sticking out in the picture above)
- When I drip food (like juicy watermelon) and it lands on the table instead of on my belly
- Being able to roll over in bed without a ridiculous amount of moaning and groaning
- Being able to get up out of bed without first rolling over onto all fours (seriously, you try doing a sit-up with a whole watermelon in your stomach!)
- Being able to wear my own workout clothes on my morning walk instead of my pajama pants and Andrew's large t-shirts (you know, the ones where the "short sleeves" come down to my elbows - so attractive. Just one of the many reasons it's wise to get married before you get pregnant)
- Being able to go to the grocery store without every little kid gawking and shouting loudly, "look Mommy, that lady has a baby in her belly!" Actually, I think that's pretty cute but I certainly hope they stop saying that by at least a month or two postpartum!

14 comments:
I'm excited to see pictures of your little girl! I know she is going to be so darn cute!!! You look great! It is amazing the things you take for granted....Just know after the third kid your belly button never goes back! But it's all worth it!! Congrats!!
Oh, Chelles, you make me laugh! That is soooo not a big buddha (although, I remember it feeling like it too!). It's amazing how pregnancy changes you. I agree with all of the things on your list!
You're so close and I'm so excited for you. I get giddy just thinking about it. Remember my status, you hear!!!
That's hilarious. Being pregnant is definitely an interesting - yet wonderful, as you said - experience! Good luck in the final stretch. Can't wait to see pics of your darling girl!
First of all, you are the cutest pregnant girl ever. You look amazing. Yes, we got a new camera...but those pictures aren't that great. I will blame most of the ones from our trip to the monument on Steven...he definitely needs to be an automatic-only-photographer. That is my new rule for him. Otherwise, everything is very over or under exposed.How is baby checketts? Any signs of an early delivery? I'm all for the full term, yet still early deliveries. Have you finalized a name for your cute girl?
p.s. I miss the seeds in watermelon! I think kids need to experience eating watermelon with seeds...in the back yard, with juice dripping down their face, spitting seeds at their siblings. That is childhood at its finest.
I can't believe you are about to have a baby anytime now! How exciting! I'm sure you are ready!!! The last month or so is quite difficult when trying to move around! I completely understand! I wish you the best of luck with labor/delivery! I'm so excited to see pictures of your precious little girl! Any names picked out yet??? Hope all is well! Have a wonderful week!
Michelle,
You totally had me cracking up about being pregnant. Thanks for the reminders about having to get up on all fours to be able to get out of bed. Too Funny and too true! You are almost done, hang in there. My brother Sean and his wife just had a little boy a few weeks ago. He was two weeks early. Maybe you will get that lucky too. hee hee.
Michelle! Good Luck~
We can't wait to see pictures of the little one :0)
Such a cute post! I laughed out loud when I read the part about getting married before we get pregnant. So true. And I truly hope you get your innie back (I seem to have lost mine in the postpartum leftovers, lol). It's all so worth it for these little sweeties. BTW-you better call soon if we're gonna chat, that little girl could beat us to the punch! I'm so excited for you and wish you and your little family the best!
Found you. (No, I'm not a stalker.) and decided to post so you could find my blog, too. :) Love your header photo...so cute of both of you. (and I'll have to show it to Dean: "See honey, baseball coaches DO kiss their wives in public...") I'll call later in the week! Organized photos, here we come!
Michelle, You are adorable. Your baby belly could not be cuter! Wear that watermelon juice with pride!!
So, so cute!! I don't know how you swallowed a watermelon whole, that seems that it would be very difficult! We're so excited to meet our new niece!!
Such a cute post! I have so much fun to look forward to during pregnancy! Love you!
LOL on the waterboard post a few days back!! Sure loved having you over; hope I wasn't too preachy (!)
Heard you were heading in to the hospital! Hope everything goes well.
Post a Comment