Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Amelia's Photo-Shoot

Okay, it has taken me this long to get baby pictures of Amelia because the whole process stresses me out. I know it is silly, but it is in fact, a fairly painful process for me. Mostly, I think it is the preparation that is so painful. I am not good at deciding what clothes to wear with what accessories and I never seem to have the right mix of clothes - Amelia's closet was no exception. Trying to find her 3 outfits that would be simple, classy and charming was impossible for me. (I can't even find one outfit like that in my closet! I need a trendy shopping buddy...anybody out there want to help me??). So I just decided to do the best I could and get myself over to the studio and give it a try with what I had.

Some of them worked better than others.

Bottom line is, they are cute pictures that capture Amelia's sparkling eyes and smiley, happy personality. Her clothes and bows...well, they are what they are. Sorry your mom is not more trendy Amelia.

Oh well, anything I put her in will be outdated by the time she turns 16 anyway...right?

I went to Sears because I thought I would just get some quick, cheap pictures to quiet my mommy guilt (people keep telling me I will regret it if I don't get some professional pictures of her as a baby). Well, little did I know that there is really no such thing as "quick" or "cheap" when it comes to professional pictures. A learning experience.

Without further whining:

Amelia 6 months old









What a cutie.
We love you baby Amelia and love watching you grow and change everyday.
You are so much fun.

7 comments:

Trina said...

So very cute! Love the pictures and her mom is plenty trendy! She's got such a beautiful little smile! She's so precious! Wish the girls could play with her now. They'd have so much fun!
Thanks for posting such cute pictures!

Heather said...

She is an absolutely charming little thing...they turned out great. And don't worry, the outfits were great too! I have the same problem...thus Dal's pictures half the time are in T-shirts.....and dressing a girl is even harder!

Jenny said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous pictures! Love them. She is a darling little girl and so very lucky to have you as a mama!

And I don't know what you are talking about! You were - hands down - one of the classiest, most elegant, best-dressed women in the Colonial Singles' Ward. :) You are just too modest about your capabilities! ;)

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

She is so cute! Time sure flies by huh?

Matt and Lisa said...

OH MY GOODNESS, she is so cute! I love love love these pictures! I like the one with the duck in her mouth and the very last one...SO CUTE!

Lisa

Carina & Dan said...

awe, she is such a cute happy little girl. I think you dress way cute btw.

Aaron and Courtney said...

Super cute pictures! Beautiful baby girl and definitely cute clothes! :)