Sunday, August 22, 2010

Garden
It has been fun having a garden this year. This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago, so imagine these plants about 1.5 times bigger. Yeah, the pumpkin plant (on my right) is huge. In October we're thinking of strewing some hay on the ground, tying a wagon to Cash and charging local kids to come into our backyard for a hay ride in our pumpkin patch.

I'm also giving away zucchini if anybody is interested. I'm just about saturated with it and am afraid I'll turn green if I eat any more.

Like, remember when I turned orange from too many carrots? Don't worry, I only planted about 10 carrots total and they're kind of yucky, so I'm not in any danger of eating too many.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Giving me some zucchini will count as your VT this month! :)

Heather said...

wish I could claim some zucchini!

Megan said...

I will take the baby. She takes up less room than the zucchini. :)

Dan and Ang said...

I will speak on behalf of Angie and request one of those zucchini things. I don't know much about them, except that they make for some good bread.

Andrea said...

Well done on the garden! Looks like Amelia likes to help you pick all the veggies. If we lived closer, I would claim a couple!

I think I mentioned this before, but your garden makes me thinking of eating your mom's strawberries. They were small, but oh so good!

Unknown said...

those are big zucchinis!
I hope you get some nice carving pumpkins for Halloween this year!