Sunday, September 19, 2010

One year

Well, Amelia turned 1 today. I know people always say, “I can’t believe it! It seems like just yesterday she was born...” when their kids turn one, but not me. Me, I can believe it. In fact, I may have aged 2 years. I mean, I can hardly remember being pregnant (sneaky how that works - that's how people end up having more than 1 kid...).

Anyway, I think she is ready to be a one year old, and you know what, I am ready too.

She liked her cake. I made whole wheat zucchini cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting. Pretty cool that I have a few more years before she knows her mom makes her nerdy nutritionist birthday cakes. Cash liked it too.



In other news, she started walking on Saturday (like really walking, no more crawling, just walking everywhere) and she loves walking around all day long.

She doesn't so much like drinking whole milk. In fact, you can see for yourself. Here she is drinking it one of the first times. It hasn't gotten any less dramatic.



As for words, she points and says "us-at" or "uh-dat" all day long (meaning "what's that?" and wanting you to tell her about everything) She also says truck, cracker, dog, roar, vroom vroom and meow (sounds more like "ow" - she learned that one very loudly in the middle of Relief Society as she saw a picture of a cat and started saying "ow, ow, ow" over and over in a very loud voice). Still no mama or dada...mostly she just screams to get our attention.
What a miracle you came into our lives. We love you Amelia.


11 comments:

Dan and Ang said...

Love that girl! Happy Birthday Amelia!!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Amelia, you are such a beautiful girl!

Heather said...

Happy birthday, Amelia!!! Loved the milk video!

Matt and Lisa said...

So cute! Those cupcakes looked delicious! You're right about that nerdy nutritionist thing though, enjoy it while you can!
Lisa

bell family said...

so cute. I can hardly believe they are one already. Emilia is so dang cute.

Dad and Mom said...

Fancy frosting on the cupcakes (sneaky how you disguised the whole wheat and zucchini).

I love watching Ameilia walking around. Can't wait to see it in person.

Mom

Jenny said...

She is adorable! Ready for another one? ;)

ChristyLou said...

She's adorable! I love the cupcakes...beautiful and healthy!! Thanks again for all of your help with the nutrition stuff. You're wonderful!

Scott said...

What a beautiful little girl!

Scott said...

She's adorable! I love her running around! I bet you thought she go into things fast, a month ago. Now she can run from one mess to find another mess while you clean up the first!
I want your cupcake recipe.
Miss you guys! The girls are so excited for you to come have a sleep over!
~Trina

Julia and Aaron said...

Happy late birthday, Amelia! How fun to be one. I was just going to say that Lilly never would drink milk. She hated it from 12 months onward and refused to keep nursing after 12 months. She's 3 now and I give her calcium fortified orange juice and yogurt. She still will not drink milk. Maybe Amelia is made of the same mold? And the cupcakes look delicious and healty! I think that is wonderful!