Sunday, October 24, 2010

Some Pictures
Amelia practicing her goat feeding skills. She really practices hard because she wants to be the best so Dad will trust her to feed his goat, Earnest.

We had so much fun having Uncle Joe come down for the weekend. Amelia loved having him around and loved to snuggle, play with and watch him. It was funny trying to feed her when he was around because she would just stare at him. She would open her mouth for more food, but she'd forget to chew or swallow because in between bites she was just watching him in a total trance. It's been so rewarding and fun to see how much she adores her Grandma and Grandpa Checketts and Uncle Joe. I love living close to some of our family - it is so special.
I put pigtails in her hair last week for the first time and I think she felt pretty cute :) Although if she's not distracted, she'll pull them out - which as you can imagine, leaves a not-so-adorable pair of horns.

A couple of months ago, I saw a tutorial for these cute wall hangings and I decided I wanted to make them too. I love having bright, homemade "artwork" hanging over her crib. Yeah! I finally did something crafty that turned out!


I also recently made Amelia this purse, since she has a love of purses, bows, necklaces and all things girly. The other day she saw my purse on the ground and walked over and put the strap on her shoulder and tried to walk around with it. It was so cute and was another reminder of how much she is watching and absorbing everything we do! So, on Friday I decided to make her a purse of her own that she could actually carry without falling over. I used an old apron for the material (mom, it's the one you gave me in my Valentine's day package a few years ago...) and found an iron-on cupcake to finish it off. She loves it and if you tell her to get her purse and shopping cart she will grab them both and walk around looking very important :)


8 comments:

Heather said...

Very cute, look at you crafty girl!

Maggie & Nate said...

Michelle-how did you get those artsy things above Amelia's crib to stick on the wall? I have the R-O-H-N-A-N letters and they keep falling...
you are so crafty...teach me
:0~

Matt and Lisa said...

That cupcake is too adorable Michelle! Ha, I love it. I'm sure Amelia was only thinking of pleasing Grandpa when she was petting the goats...I mean, that's the one goal in life we all have, to please Dad :-)
Lisa

Dad and Mom said...

Lisa, I'm glad to hear that you finally have your priorities right. It's taken quite a few years to figure it out. I'm also pleased to see Amelia practicing her goat feeding. Earnest will have a very sensitive palate and will certainly not eat from a non-practiced hand. Way to go Amelia.
Dad

The Huffs said...

Way cute Michelle. I wish I were creative like that. We will have to do some fun things like that this winter as we sit inside :)

Kristin said...

LOVE the crafts!

bell family said...

I love the wall hangings and the purse is so cute I might have to try one for Maddie she loves digging in my purse. Very cute!

Trina said...

Look at all of her hair! Her piggy-tails are so sweet! Her hair has just enough curl to look very girly and not straight and sticky-ey-uppy! So sweet!
I love her purse! Look how crafty and creative you are!