Friday, January 21, 2011

Motherhood

Last night when I thanked Andrew for cleaning up Amelia's numerous messes around the house, he responded with, "Thanks for watching her make messes all day." Just another one of those times when I am grateful for a husband who understands and appreciates the reality of motherhood! I am so lucky.

Here's just one of those messes I watched her make yesterday. At 16 months it is apparently more fun to throw playdough and cookie cutters on the ground and look at the pretty designs they make than it is to use them on the table.


And here are some bonus pictures I found that I hadn't yet posted:

This one was taken by our friend Kristin at the park a couple months ago.
This is when we made a gingerbread house for Christmas...she was very helpful.
She was very skilled at taking off candy...not so much at putting it on.

7 comments:

leah jane said...

Oh my goodness, what a complete doll face!! And is that baby #2 on the way? Congratulations!

leah jane said...

Oh, and have I mentioned that I love your blue kitchen chairs? Cause I really-really do!

A Whit said...

Oh man, that park picture is gorgeous! Are you going to find out the sex of your baby? That's soon, right?

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

So impressed that you even tried playdough. I'm not that brave! She's adorable. (good thing, huh? :) And yay for sweet husbands.

Trina said...

I love the pictures of her being so entertained in her ability to destruct so quickly! It's gets better, it really does!
But she's very adorable!

ChristyLou said...

I'm so grateful for supportive hubbies. Amelia is beautiful, love her eyes! Quite the impressive mess she made. That girl has skills. ;)

Dad and Mom said...

Sorry. I think I may have suggested the playdough idea Looks like the activity didn't turn out quite like I envisioned it! I like Christy's take on things -- My granddaughter has skills!

Love, Mom