Friday, February 04, 2011

Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails...it's a boy!

We are so excited and I love knowing the little swimming, kicking baby inside of me is a boy.

I have been day-dreaming about a calm, happy, peaceful baby this time around, but his wiggly, squirmy, busy ultrasound looked a lot like Amelia's and the ultrasound tech said a lot of the same things, like, "Wow, this baby really likes to move! Look at him go - he doesn't stop!" Gulp. At least they will have each other...

You know, for the first day or so, I actually think it feels a little odd to know the gender. It's as if yesterday, in my mind, this baby's gender was an idea to be played around with, switched back and forth, tried on for size, picked up, put down and picked up again. But today he is a boy. And the ultra sound tech said there is absolutely no question about that. Baby #2 is a boy. I love knowing though and I love the months ahead it gives me to prepare to meet him.

My mother-in-law already forbade me from dressing him in Amelia's hand-me-downs...although I may not be above putting him in a pink car seat...:)

20 comments:

Katie and Eric said...

Hooray for boys!!! Thanks for sharing the news.

Dan and Ang said...

YAY!!! I'm SO excited for you!! Boys are SO much fun! (Of course I don't know any different...) :)

bell family said...

WOO HOO!! Boys really are fun.

The Huffs said...

I am so excited! At least if they both have energy, they can burn it off together:)

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

Awesome!! LOVE having a boy (almost two!)

A Whit said...

Ahhhhh! Yay! Now you have your little marathon runner and Andrew has his little baseball player. Love it! Congrats, Chelle.

Heather said...

Hahaha, Susie was in a blue carseat! (Though I did doctor it a bit!)
Congrats! Little boys are wonderful...most of the time. ;)

Marci said...

Yay! That is the best description about learning the sex of the baby that I've ever heard. You are so good with words. I'm sure Amelia will keep him in line and he'll definitely love his mama.

Megan said...

I will volunteer to help you transform whatever can be salvaged into perfectly serviceable boy stuff...I am so excited for you guys!! (Cooper is a good name... :) )

Julia and Aaron said...

Congrats, Michelle! A boy will be great!

I have to admit Lilly got quite a few "gender-neutral" things coming so soon after Eldon, but it was too hard to resist all the little girl clothes so she's been pulling her own in the "girl stuff" department since about a year old. She even just got a brand new pink booster seat recently:) since Eldon still needs his.

Jenny said...

Wonderful!!! Boys are so sweet and darling and have an AWESOME, sweet bond with their mamas :) And I'm sure Andrew will love having a little aspiring baseball star ;) Congrats!

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm out of touch. I had no idea you were pregnant. That is very exciting.

Christie said...

Yay!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! A boy and a girl..how perfect! You will have so much fun! We will have to get the kiddos together for playdates. :) Congrats!

Mike + Mo said...

Congrats!

Kristin said...

Yay for boys!! He needs to be energetic to keep up with his sis.

The Northwest Southern Girl said...

So happy for you both!

ChristyLou said...

So exciting!! I admit I felt a slight twinge of the green monster jelousy...I'm not sure we'll ever have a boy. I'm so happy for you though and you'll have to tell me what it's like having a boy since we are strictly girls around here, lol. How are you feeling now? Is the nausea better being prego with a boy?

Courtney said...

Yes!! I love boys (I don't really know anything else...)! That is awesome, though, because now you have one of each. Perfect.

Amber Joy said...

Yay! Boys are so fun! I'm so excited for you, Michelle! Congratulations!

And I totally know what you mean about the gender being "changeable" until you know for sure. David was so stunned that we were having a boy that for days afterward he would still ask me if we were for sure having a boy.... Yep! I'd say... definitely a boy! :)

Oh, and maybe the squirmy-wormy baby in your belly is just putting on a show. Colin was like that in the belly but once he was born he has been totally chill and happy-go-lucky. You just never know.

Enjoy the next few months!