Friday, March 04, 2011

I wish you all updated your blogs 6 times a day

Because that is how often I have been checking lately. Some days are like that, you know, when you just feel the need for some quality mindless entertainment (note: your blogs and lives are the quality, I'm taking care of the mindless part :)).

Speaking of mindless entertainment, I was playing around with some old pictures of Amelia and it was fun to look back at them. These were all around 6 months old.

I also ran across these pictures of our old house in California. These were taken March 1st...looks a little different than March 1st in Eugene...
It was such a cute little house. And I loved the vibrant buganvilia over the entryway.
So vibrant and cheery
And our orange kitchen with it's old fashioned stove
And our fresh, lime green bathroom
And the hardwood floors...
Ah, so many fond memories in this house...and memories of a lot of work to maintain it!

Funny how when we lived in this house, I remember focusing on all of the problems (like the brown spots in the grass because the sprinklers kept getting stuck, or the mysterious dead branches on the tree that I was convinced were going to kill the whole thing, or the leaking faucet in the bathroom etc, etc, etc). Now looking back, I just remember how cute it was and how many fun and beautiful memories we made there. Good reminder to try to enjoy those things in the moment!


Here is a moment we enjoyed last week. If the Little Mermaid car is in the house, the minute Andrew walks in the door Amelia is squealing to have him ride it with her. Very cute.

Bonus picture: don't you love when they put little pictures on the bum of tights? Little bums are definitely not hidden, and this little owl made numerous appearances throughout the day.

7 comments:

leah jane said...

Your little house was SO very cute! It's so fun to see pictures of where you guys used to live.

bell family said...

dads are just pure fun gotta love dads!!!!

The Huffs said...

Such a cute house! But I am glad you moved to here!

Dan and Ang said...

I LOVE this post! I love all the picture! It's so fun to see your house - I had no idea what it looked like. I love it! I need to update my blog...I've been a huge slacker. I could be doing it right now, but I'd rather be looking at other blogs. :)

Scott said...

Is that the ride the school gives you to impress recruits?

Trina said...

Video=AWESOME! I loved, LOVED it! I think you first house was such a cute little house! Love the armoire (okay, so we have no idea how to spell that word)!
I love, Love the green bathroom! The top picture of Amelia is so sweet!

I bet you always look tiny anyways!

A Whit said...

Even the seemingly "I have nothing to blog about so I'll reminisce" posts are awesome.

Your old house was very cute. I want to see pictures of your new house!