Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What we've been up to

We went swimming the other day and Amelia had so much fun. She especially loved the water slide and kept yelling, "Again! Again!" as soon as we'd land in the water. William enjoyed sleeping poolside.
William is already over 11 pounds and seems to be growing daily. He is still so sweet and I am loving every snuggly moment of his newborn-ness.
Mom and dad came to visit a couple weeks ago and were able to be here for William's baby blessing. It was so fun to have them and I am already counting off siblings until it's my turn for them to visit me again. Darn those siblings.

I think Amelia looks like my mom in this picture. Maybe it's just because they are both blond, bright-eyed, smiling and lovely.
I love this picture. Amelia has been so good with her new little brother, but she does like to make sure she still fits in!
We borrowed William's blessing outfit from Drew Phelps, and I thought he looked so cute in it! It fit Drew when he was 3 months old...William was 2 weeks old...
Amelia and I made peanut butter balls for snack today. I thought she would like stirring and helping me cook. I was right.
But mostly she liked eating the melted chocolate. And then wiping it all over the counters and fronts of the cupboards while I nursed William.

I love this video of Amelia singing to William. So sweet!

9 comments:

Dan and Ang said...

Oh my word, that video is so cute! Amelia is such a sweet big sister. :) I love all the pictures! You are such a sweet family!!

The Huffs said...

So jealous! You look fabulous! Didn't you just have a baby? We miss you guys

jaymzdene said...

I was thinking the same thing Melissa! Michelle you look great for just having a baby, I am so jealous. Loved seeing all the pictures and I am sad I missed William's blessing. I probably won't see you before you move since I am leaving to Utah tomorrow with my parents but I hope you have a safe move and I will miss you and your kids.

Matt and Lisa said...

So I'm the one that should complain about those darn siblings and all their babies! Matt and I barely get a glance without any grandkids ;-) Just kidding, I love y'all and can't wait to come meet my new little nephew and adorable Amelia! They're gonna love me!

bell family said...

so dang cute!! you do look FABULOUS by the way.

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

I love the picture of your dad and William sleeping. How sweet!

leah jane said...

Are you kidding me? How are you so itty-bitty after child birth? Seriously!? You look HOT! And just look at your cute little family grow! I know you are just such an amazing mom, and that's even better than being a naturally beautiful one. :)

Scott said...

Love the pictures! I think that Amelia does look like mom and I think that Evelyn and Amelia look alike and that Evelyn looks like mom....more than she look like her own mom. You would think I could at least give a baby brown hair!
I love the video. These big sisters think that brand new babies just need lots and lots of snuggles!

ChristyLou said...

First I have to say that you look absolutely amazing, stunning really. Second, good for you, new mommy, with all the activities you're doing with a newborn. GO Girl! It looks like you've been having a lot of fun and that it was a lovely visit with your parents. I especially love the pic of William asleep on your Dad and of Andrew with his two little ones. So sweet. I'm so glad life is being good to you, you deserve it!