Friday, October 07, 2011

Thank you Steve Jobs

While listening to NPR in the car yesterday, I heard the commencement address that Steve Jobs gave at Stanford University a few years ago. In it he said he used to ask himself, "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" He then said that whenever the answer was "No" for too many days in a row, he knew he needed to change something.

So, I yesterday I asked myself "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I did today?"  And this is my answer:

Yes to hugging my kids
No to listening to their whining/crying
Yes to eating warm cookies with gooey chocolate chips
No to cleaning up under Amelia's high chair
Yes to snuggling with Andrew
No to laundry

So, I think what I can learn from this is that I need to get a maid and a nanny.  If I had a maid and a nanny, then I could answer yes to this question every day.  Andrew can now thank Steve Jobs for his iPhone, his iMac, his maid and his nanny.

4 comments:

Trina said...

Awesome! And Agreed! Scott really would only have the housekeeper and nanny to thank him for though.

Matt and Lisa said...

Hahaha, I love it Michelle :-) Good thought process!

Dan and Ang said...

I love it!! I think I need to do the same thing. :)

ChristyLou said...

Hilarious. I second that!