Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Halloween and other stuff

C-U-T-E-S-T little pumpkin you ever did see


 "Amelia, hold still so I can get a great picture of how cute you look in your Halloween costume."

"Okay, now look at the camera and smile."

Halloween was really fun this year.  Thanks to Uncle Dan and Aunt Lisa, Amelia was an NYU-scrub-wearing "Dentist in Training."  She really did look so cute and was original in her costume as she was the only 2 year old in scrubs I saw.  She pretty much loved Halloween after she realized people were giving her candy right and left.  Although she did get pretty scared by some of the costumes.  Her favorite costume was someone who was dressed up as a marshmallow.  She kept talking about the "marshmallow with shoes."

Here's a video when we opened the Halloween package from my mom and dad.  This gives you a little peak into how excited she was on Halloween night.






The toddler bed is bringing all sorts of new experiences to our home.  Like today, after I "put her down" for nap, I hear her rummaging through her room as usual.  A little while later she starts crying, "I can't do it!" So I go in there and she has her head stuck in the arm hole of a size 5 Gaucho shirt.  I help her put it on and then she insists that she needs to wear all 4 Gaucho shirts that we have in the drawer.  I help her put them on and leave.  A few minutes later she is crying again.  I go in to find her head stuck in a pair of panties!  I burst out laughing and ran for the camera telling her I would help her in a minute AFTER I got this great picture!
Notice the layer of 4 shirts, the multiple headbands around her neck (super safe, I know) and the one shoe on


This is my favorite thing Amelia does with stickers.  I think it started at Trader Joe's.  They often give her stickers during check out, and one day I stuck one over her mouth in a joking effort to keep her quiet.  She apparently thought it was a good idea because now every time she gets stickers, she puts them over her mouth.  I love the 3 seconds of quiet it brings.



I love this fluffy head!  So soft and sweet.
 William craning his neck back so he can see what Amelia is watching on the TV


 You know you're a mom when your lipstick looks like this.  
And you still use it.  
Once a month, when you still use lipstick.
Every time Amelia sees a phone, she picks it up and says, "Hello Dramma Asay.  I yuv you too.  Bye bye."  It is so cute.  Especially when she is wearing a tutu and a backpack and has a mountain of toys around her.

4 comments:

The Huffs said...

Oh how I miss my little Amelia! I love that she is so excited about candy! :)

Matt and Lisa said...

Such a good post! I LOVE the second picture of William, just the best picture ever! I'm glad Amelia's scrubs finally fit, she will be an amazing dentist :-) I love the conversation she has with Dramma Asay, so cute!

jaymzdene said...

They both looked so adorable in their customes. William is getting so big and I love his fluffy hair, so cute. I loved the picture of Amelia with all the clothes and panties on her head, she is too funny!!

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

I love all the Amelia stories. They are so funny. Both your kids are adorable, I love them!