Monday, September 15, 2014

I am not going to attempt any chronological update, but am just posting some of the wonderful memories from this summer.  The first is of our amazing and perfect trip to Kansas.  

We went out at the end of June for "Camp Springhill".  My parents watched all 5 grandkids for 2 days while my siblings and spouses (minus Dan and Alice and Matt) went to Lake of the Ozarks!  It was such a treat to get away and to spend that time together.  Although we did to bring 3 kid with us - the parasites in our bellies!  My sister, sister-in-law and I were all pregnant.  Lisa - 17-ish weeks, Trina 38-ish, Me 34-ish

Driving away in my parents car - without car seats!  Do I look a little too happy?

This is the vacation home we stayed in on the lake

 We did lots of hiking (at a very pregnant-lady pace - which was why it was so nice to all be pregnant together because man am I SLOW when I'm pregnant!) 



And we balanced out any walking we did with eating lots of frozen custard!
And eating out



And cooking and eating in!






It was so beautiful.



Sibling love



On our way home.  Rested and happy


While we were gone, the kids had a blast with my parents.  
They loved the homemade slip-n-slide!






 Making a fire for hot dogs and s'mores
The Zipline!
 Bedtime stories with grandma 

And sleeping with all the cousins in the basement
 Eating yummy foods
 Making necklaces and playing with playdough
Going out on the town

And to the Missouri River
Getting muddy

Picking fresh, yummy foods from the garden

And William thought he was in heaven with all the tractors and machines he got to drive!


 And when he was not on a tractor, sometimes he had to retreat to his man cave to get some time away from all those girls!  My mom found him quietly hanging out in my dad's den singing to himself.   He is so darling!




When we got back to my parents house, Andrew enjoyed beating everyone at ping-pong
He did not enjoy getting beaten at Scrabble though!
 Cousins belly bump!
Eating more frozen custard - homemade by my dad! I think we might have a frozen custard problem in the Asay family....
 More tractor riding
 More story time

 Dan was able to fly out and join us for a day and a half and it was AWESOME to see all my siblings again.  I love them so much and am so grateful that I get to call this amazing group of people my family.

Amelia was hot and tired and refused to look at the camera.  Oh well, this actually shows her personality, so I think it is the perfect picture. :)
The kids all liked having Uncle Dan around too!

My dad took the kids up in his airplane.  William walked in to the hanger and when he saw the airplane he said, "Oh, it's beautiful."  Nothing like having a grandson to finally appreciate the beauty of all of my dad's machines.  William certainly did.  He loved it.

But Amelia was the real dare-devil!  She was whooping and hollering and asking for loop-de-loops!  She liked the thrill of having her stomach do flips....she doesn't get that from her parents!
 I love this picture of the 4 girl cousins after Trina did their hair identically.  Trina's 3 girls are used to this kind of cuteness, but Amelia...not so much and she loved it!

Aren't they darling!

And on our last day there we celebrated William's 3rd birthday with Mater dumping "dirt" all over his birthday cake.  That's as creative as I get folks!
 Such a darling, darling birthday boy!  We love you so much William and I already love the 3 year old you so much.  

2 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

Wow! Did we really do all that? You make the week look amazing! Actually it's the people that make it amazing. I love you all! I would say, "It doesn't get any better than this.", but it would have been even better with Matt and Alice!
P.S. I love the way you write - you get that from your dad:-).

Emily said...

I love your family. Looks like an amazing trip.