These two are turning into great hikers and it is so fun for our family. We love being out in the beautiful world together and it is so fun that we are able to start having some of these adventures.
We recently discovered a fun hike at Elings Park overlooking the ocean. Almost 5 years here and we are still discovering new sights that take our breath away.
Truth be told, most hikes usually end with some sort of child-carrying going on!
Our most frequent hike is to the caves above Gaviota. We do it so often because the kids love it and it is one of the only ones we can suggest that they do not whine about doing! I think they love that they know they can do it and that it leads to something interesting (because grand views of the ocean are not always interesting to them, but cool caves are). William is at this phase where when you tell him to smile, he comes up with this forced smiley face. I remember when I was about 8 years old, I went through a phases of smiling like that and I remember thinking I just couldn't get my face to do the right thing when someone said, "Smile!" So maybe it's genetic and he'll grow out of it. But for now, I am just going to enjoy his squishy faced smiles :)
Ellie is really proud of her belly and likes to show it off. And like I said, every hike usually ends with kids being carried! This hike to the caves is consistently 5 minutes too long on both ends for William!
Such a beautiful hike










1 comment:
I wish I was hiking with you guys.
Post a Comment