Eating
So, I was going to write a post about the negative effects (on both mother and baby) of teething, a growth spurt, separation anxiety, learning to stand in crib and noisy construction next door on quality napping, but when I went to upload the pictures I've taken over the past few weeks, they were ALL taken of Amelia in the high chair. Apparently, that's what we've been up to lately. Or at least those have been the happiest times considering the aforementioned list. Her bottom tooth is just breaking through though, so hopefully next week will be better. Right?
On to the eating. Amelia loves eating all the new table foods and she really likes feeding herself. From what I can tell, cheese is her favorite with sweet potatoes being a close runner up and black beans coming in third. She also likes pumpkin cookies with brown sugar frosting...or whatever else mom is holding in her hand.


Her skills are getting better now, but at the beginning it was so funny because she would grasp the slippery food, open her mouth wide, and then shove the food into her eye. They don't make mouths wide enough for new babies' motor skills! Even though she's getting better, about half of what I put on her tray ends up underneath her or on the floor. The dog loves her. Cheese is his favorite too.You never have to guess when she wants her next bite. She opens her mouth big and wide and waits for you to deliver.
And when she's done, she'll tell you just how much she liked it!
P.S. do you like my kitchen chairs? I painted them blue. It was my project of the month.

11 comments:
She looks just like a little bird with her mouth open waiting for food. That's quite an enthusiastic yumm sound she makes! Funny, funny!
I like your chairs. At first I thought you had a blue wooden high chair, then I figured out that you have some sort of high chair seat that fits in a regular chair. I should get one of those for my grandkid's visits.
Love, Mom
Cute! Mac loved watching the video.
That is the life, just open your mouth and food is magically placed inside. Wish we lived closer!
chairs: adorable. Kid: adorable. Mom: adorable. (Ok, Dad adorable, too, but he's always off with MY husband, doing that goldang baseball stuff...) Love love love the little birdie imitation. She. Is. So. Cute.
Michelle, Amelia is SO beautiful! Love you guys!
Lisa
I totally noticed the chairs before I read that part. They're awesome!
Babies learning to eat are so funny. Way to take pictures! I hope she can nap better soon.
Very cute video of her eating! So funny! She's mighty cute! And growing up way too fast! I like the chairs, and I want to see how they fit in with your kitchen.
SO cute! I love how big she opens her mouth! :)
Lol! Way to go Amelia! I love how wide her little mouth gets as she waits for her food.
Amelia, you're such a good crawler too! Way to go!
She is so funny! I wouldn't believe her little mouth could open so wide unless I saw it myself. She is a cutie!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your chairs! I thought it was really funny you mentioned them at the end because I was noticing them and wondering "Where DID she get those?!" Very cute, Michelle!
Post a Comment