Happenings
I don't want to jinx myself, but Amelia has been so much happier since she got her bottom 2 teeth in. It seems like she was teething for the past 5 months because she was SO fussy and crying/whining nonstop. Just the past couple of weeks, however, we have been enjoying many more days of happy smiles and a fun, fun baby. I hope they continue!
I love these pictures because they show her hair sticking up from where she wiped applesauce in it. You should see her after she's eaten spaghetti.
Gardening
Well, with Andrew's encouragement I put in a garden this year. It's small, but I'm pretty proud of it nonetheless. I have visions of my mom out in her garden with a ruler, spacing her perfect rows and piles, and having a beautiful garden to show for it. Unfortunately, I garden much like I sew...which is to say I skimmed the back of the packages for instructions and then pretty much did whatever I wanted. I made little trenches, dumped some seeds in, covered them up, watered them and then hoped for plants! I am so excited that they look promising already and I hope we'll have beets, carrots, peas, tomatoes, strawberries and squash here in a month or so.
Just for a little perspective, this is what our garden area looked like before I got started. YIKES. Those weeds went up to my waist.
Of course, Amelia is always very helpful. She likes to taste rocks and then carry them around, one in each hand, as she crawls on the grass, dirt, rocks and cement, sampling all of it along the way. Thanks anyway Dan, but she doesn't need a big brother to feed her dirt, she is taking care of that all by herself.
Funny Story
So the other day, Amelia was crawling around exploring all the drawers in her room and she found this package that I had not planned on opening. She, however, knew exactly what was inside and what she wanted to do with it. Can you tell what it is?
That's right, it's a binky and she loves binkies so much that she was content to suck on this one through the package! I wasn't planning on opening it because it is sparkly purple and says "Mom" on the front and "Bling" on the clip...not really my thing, but apparently it is hers. So I got out the scissors and helped her and she has been loving it ever since.
And last, but CERTAINLY not least,
5 comments:
Michelle- Amelia looks so much like you! That is so funny what she does w/ the binky...:0)
Nate always tells me to plant a garden and I am always against it-I admire you for doing a garden.
I'm not NY Topper. I'm just in NYC visiting Dan and using his computer. I love the pacifier pictures - funny. Your garden looks great. The even rows didn't make anything grow any better - especially in New Mexico soil. Can't wait to see the harvest!
Love,
Mom
I love it when you post - you should do it more often:)
Little Amelia is so cute and so big! I want to see her again. I love the garden too. I remember eating your mom's barely-there strawberries. They were really small but oh so sweet!
Nice work on the garden!! Glad you've got some fun, happy baby times right now. Yay! I hope our happy baby comes back soon. Please! :)
I love it! She's so cute! I miss her! Please come visit! I love that she "found" the binki!
I love it when you post! Always such cute pictures and funny stories!
You've inspired me. I'm going to post today, since I've procrastinated long enough...
Post a Comment