Sunday, August 08, 2010

Hey Ya'll, we went to Texas

I feel so lucky that Amelia and I got to visit Matt and Lisa in Austin last weekend. It was so fun to be together and if I didn't have to wrestle a 16 pound monkey for a 7 hour plane ride, I just might go every weekend.
Here we are watching bats fly out from under the bridge, or at least that's what they were supposed to do. Local Austin-ites will tell you that at dusk, thousands of bats fly out in one big hoard from underneath this bridge. The night we were there however, the bats must have decided eating bugs was overrated because we only saw a few flutter by. It was still fun, of course. Amelia especially enjoyed waving at all of the people and charming strangers.
Here she is waving to people

Amelia loved all the fun toys Aunt Lisa had hiding all over her house.

Like her fantastic tupperware cupboard,
and the inside of her fridge,
and her Guitar Hero guitar,
and her pantry,
just to name a few...

Amelia really loved her Uncle Matt. I've never seen her take like this to anyone else, but as you can see in the picture below, she really loved him!
Maybe it's because he let her drink out of gigantic cups with him...
Or maybe it's because he played fun games with her...
Or maybe it's because he bought her this camouflage binky from Cabellas...
Yup, that's probably it. Here she is when Matt gave it to her - so excited to open it up.
It was so hot and humid so we went down to the pool one day after a hike. Amelia loves the water and has turned into a real water baby.
Of course she loves water when she can crawl all around and splash like crazy...
...but bath time is another matter. Actually she loves bath time, she just does not want to hold still for a second to get the soap washed out of her hair. The second you flip her onto her back, she is twisting, writhing and squirming to get free so that she can go back pulling every bottle of shampoo, conditioner, soap and shaving cream off the edge of the tube.
But such a sweet, clean face when we're done!

The coloring turned out funny on this picture, but I just want to say, I love Licketty's frozen custard. Yum, yum, yum.
Striking a pose
So fun to be with my sweet sister.

I love my family so much and hope we all get to live closer together someday.

8 comments:

Dan and Ang said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! I love the pictures - especially the water pics. :)

Matt and Lisa said...

Great post Chelle! Looks like you beat me to it! We got some great pictures!

Trina said...

She is way too sweet! I love her little dress! The picture of all 3 of them is ADORABLE! Matt is such a fun uncle! He's a charmer, for sure. He'll make a wonderful, fun father! Wish we could have been there to make you trip just that much better!

Anonymous said...

I love Amelia's two bottom teeth!

Love,
Mom Asay

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

She is so cute!

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous that you got to visit Matt and Lisa! Looks like a fun trip.
Oh, and I'm sure Amelia loves Matt because everyone does, but the binkie probably helped.

Maggie & Nate said...

Michelle you look so much like Mom Asay!!! :0) Beautiful~
looks so much fun!

Andrea said...

So cute! That kid would charm me any day.