Cake, pumpkins and lemons
Oh my
We brought some cupcakes up to Edy and Gordon's house on the weekend so we could celebrate Amelia's b-day together. Once again, she enjoyed the frosting, presents and attention (she is her mother's daughter, after all).
She may only be 1 year old, but she's been around long enough to know that fun things come out of bright colored bags at grandma's house.
In other news, my pumpkin harvest was forced to come early this year and my crop, although I love it, is not what it could have been.
In light of a wonderful and uplifting conference weekend, let me tell you the parable of the moldy pumpkins.
It all started out so lovely. The vines were spreading like crazy and I had 8 growing pumpkins and blossoms and bulbs of future pumpkins popping up practically every day. One day I started to notice a white dust-like substance on the leaves. Being an optimistic and novice (i.e. clueless and careless) gardener, I thought nothing of it. Nothing, that is, until all my pumpkins started dying and my future pumpkins quit growing! Out of all of the potential pumpkins on my vines, I only managed to harvest 4 because of this nasty mold. If only I'd caught it sooner, or done the things necessary to prevent it all together, we could have had such a nice pumpkin patch...
Now, I'd like to liken this to sin in our lives...
Any questions?
Moldy pumpkins notwithstanding, it's been really fun to have a garden this year. We have enjoyed so many meals from our own backyard like this grilled pizza with tomatoes, zucchini and pesto (made from our garden basil). Yum!
Lemony-yum
When I told Andrew I let Amelia eat a lemon, he said, "You're so cruel!" So, before you decide to comment and tell me I'm so cruel, let me tell you that she WANTED to eat the lemon. In fact while she was eating it, she started screaming and pointing for the other half. Also, as you will see, she kept going back for more. She likes lemons. Apparently that twisted, pucker face means "Yum, that's delicious. I'd like some more please." See for yourself.
6 comments:
My little boys watched this cute video of Amelia and they were waving to her and saying "hi." So please let her know that she has a couple of admirers on the East Coast. :)
I love it. Thoroughly enjoyed the video (and your parable).
Lol, I can't stop chuckling over that video. Don't fret about the lemons - Joss LOVES them too.
Happy birthday, my sweet Amelia! You're getting so big and more beautiful every day!
The pizza looks so good. Are those grill marks on the top of the crust? Did you put it on the grill for a bit before putting on the toppings? Amelia looks good too of course. Funny about the lemons. The pumpkins look good too - at least the ones that didn't let sin overtake them!
Love,
Mom A.
So cute!
Great pumpkins. The pizza looks really yummy!
The video is too cute! I remember Evelyn doing something similar with lemons. But I recall that it was your dad that gave it to her.
Post a Comment