Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Thinking about the 4th of July

So, I know it's the Christmas season and I should be thinking about sleigh bells, reindeer and snowflakes, but today all I can think about is the 4th of July. You know, fireworks, BBQs, red, white and blue, and a brand new baby. A brand new baby? I know, kind of random, unless you just went to the doctor this morning like I did and got to see tiny pictures of your brand new baby, due July 4, 2011.

Yes, I'm serious. I am pregnant.

I am about 10 weeks along which means my kids will be about 21.5 months apart.

I know, I know, I was always so vocal about how I wanted my kids to be further apart...but apparently this little baby wasn't listening! Ready or not, we really are so excited and feel so blessed.

In the meantime, if anyone needs any saltines, don't try Albertson's. I bought them all out. But if you come over to my house, you can take your pick: stale saltines from off the nightstand, crumbs on the couch, half eaten packages in the car, or you can hold out for the real tasty ones in the bottom of my purse. Andrew just calls me "The Cracker Lady."

22 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, Michelle, congrats!!! Hopefully this pregnancy will go a bit smoother than the last! Enjoy those saltines in the meantime... :)

Megan said...

WooHoo! Let me know if you need help picking out names...I took all the good ones, but I'll share...as you well know. Annnd...just wanted to say sorry for needing all those saltines. I never had one minute of morning sickness. Ever.

;)

So happy for you ALL...

Megan said...

(and Cooper and Chloe are 21.5 months apart...It's a GREAT age difference. Especially when it's a big sister and a little brother. No pressure.)

Maggie & Nate said...

Congrats!!!
I forgive you...:0~
Hope all turns out well.

Dad and Mom said...

The doctor said, "July 4th?!!" Looks like I'll miss another birth! Alas, Andrew showed he could manage quite well without me last time (will he be back from the World Series??!!). Probably can't get out of our trek responsibilities, but I'll be there right afterwards! Edie will get first holding rights again. Good thing I like her so much and think Amelia is so lucky to have a wonderful grandma close by.

Love,
Mom

ChristyLou said...

Oh sweetie, CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for you, but I also FEEL YOUR NAUSEA! I'm barely starting to come out of it at 18 weeks. I have found that Prilosec helps amazingly with the nausea because mine is caused so much by excess stomach acid. Just a thought if that is a problem for you.

Thanks again for all of the nutrition help you gave me and I hope things go as smoothly as they can. I'm so happy for you, you're a wonderful mama and they just can't wait to get to you!

ChristyLou said...

PS-I have extra Zofran that I'm not going to use and I will absolutely mail it to you if you're interested. I don't want to go through this again for a LONG while and I doubt it will still be good by then. :) Just let me know and I can get it in the mail tomorrow! (Do I sound like a drug dealer??)

bell family said...

thats so great for you guys. You will do great with two kiddos plus your a really cute pregnant woman.Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

YAY MICHELLE!
That's so exciting! :) Isn't it fun to have a holiday as a due date, too?! it makes it so easy to remember! I can't wait til you find out the gender...wait...are you finding out the gender?
Good luck with the saltines!

Dan and Ang said...

SO SO excited for you!! Let me know if I can do anything...midnight runs to the store, anything! :)

The Andersons said...

CONGRATS!!! I am really excited for you. What a great Birthday surprise!

K* said...

Hi Michelle! This is Karen Roybal DeVore- Hello old friend! I just happened upon your blog from Andrea's blog- and what a great first blog for me to read! Congratulations! Wishing you the best!

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

Yay!! Congratulations, Michelle!

Jenny said...

Congrats Michelle! Wonderful news. My boys are about 19.5 months apart and it's great! We did, however, choose to wait longer for the next one. ;) Good luck and congrats! Your two will be best playmates, and it will all pay off! :)

Trina said...

Oh no. You didn't go and get sick did you? Remember that you were not supposed to do that this time? Remember?
Yeah. What a fun due date!

J. and Leslie said...

Very exciting news! Congrats to you and Andrew!

leah jane said...

oh michelle, how exciting for you guys! congrats!!

My older sister and I were about the same age difference, and we have always been the best of friends, so I am sure it will work out swimmingly. Good luck to you though with two little ones underfoot. :)

I'll remember you on july 4th and send all my best wishes your way.

Wish we lived closer, it would be so fun to see you. But these blogs at least help the distance seem smaller. it's so fun to catch up with your cute fam this way, and look at all your fun pictures.

thanks for the link!

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you guys and Amelia to be a big sister.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Hooray! 10 weeks in. I really hope the saltines are working for you. Very exciting! Congrats!

Kristin said...

Yay! How exciting! I agree with Corrine, you are the cutest pregnant lady I have ever seen. I guess that's why you have to be sick, you just can't have it all...that wouldn't be fair to the rest of us. :)
Owen and Ella are 21 months apart, and although it was pretty hard for the first 3 months, it has been awesome ever since. Congrats to you, Andrew and big sister, Amelia.

Rachel said...

So exciting for you! I too am one who wants my kids somewhat spaced and luckily have had it, but you are amazing and will do a great job! And like everyone says, it is doable and I am sure they will be best friends! Happy Birthday the other day too! Sorry I am a bit late!

rvasay said...

Michelle actually that is the PERFECT age apart! close enough to be good friends but far enough to be a little easier on MOM. I did it 5 times! You have a very cute family!
Love Vicky