Saturday, July 02, 2011

Baby Boy Checketts

William Henry Checketts
July 1, 2011
9 pounds 3 ounces
21 inches
He's here! And he's pretty much as sweet as they come. We are so in love with him. Even as I type this, he is snuggled right into my side making sweet baby noises. I am so in love.

And yes, you read that right, little William made his entrance into the world weighing 9 POUNDS 3 OUNCES. I am still in shock that I had such a big baby. Amelia was 7 pounds 2 ounces, and although I felt like he was bigger during the pregnancy, I had no idea I was making a 9 pounder!

Oh, did I mention that I delivered without anesthesia. Yeah...pretty much thought I was going to die. Don't worry though, I learned my lesson. If there is a next baby Checketts, I'm having the anesthesiologist meet me at the door.

So far, Amelia thinks her baby brother's great. Grandma and Grandpa Checketts and Uncle Joe came down and have been playing with her all weekend. She has been able to eat fun foods, play with the hose, fly like an airplane and land in a bunch of pillows and do all sorts of fun things that she only gets to do when fun uncles and grandparents come. Oh, and there’s this cute, squeaky baby hanging around. She doesn't notice that he's encroaching upon anything yet...



Just for comparison, this is a picture of Amelia when she was born. I think they look very similar. But then again, don't all newborns look kind of similar in a squished, splotchy, puffy, cute sort of way :)?

11 comments:

Matt and Lisa said...

SOSOSOSOSOSOSO Adorable! I am in love and I haven't even held him yet! He just looks so sweet. You guys make the cutest babies ever! Amelia looks beautiful and I'm sure she'll get along just fine with her new little bro. Their baby pictures do look very similar and I think It's funny that in Amelia's I know that it is Mom holding her because of that gray jacket she always wears :-) Love to all of you and I can't wait to come meet him next month!!!!
Lisa

Christie said...

Ah congrats guys! He is darling! Michelle I bet you are just so happy to not be pregnant. Good job Checketts family on a beautiful baby boy!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. What a hansome little boy, and lots of exciting things coming up for you. Good luck to your beautiful family.

The Huffs said...

I love him Michelle. i am so sad that I cant just hold and snuggle him:( William is a great name:) Good work. Congrats!!!

jaymzdene said...

Michelle I am so happy for you and your family!! I cannot wait to meet him and I love the name you decided on. He is adorable and you look amazing!!

Megan said...

He is adorable! I have been dying to come see you; waiting for Dean, who also wants to come. (what??) Soon. Very soon. And i have a small confession. A little stunned that your hair is not curled. I'm...I...I just don't know what to make of that. ;)

Burrows: places of retreat; shelter or refuge. said...

Michelle! He is so cute! I love that he has squishy arm rolls already! Thanks for inviting me to your blog. Sounds like you have even more great adventures coming up. Good luck with everything! Te iubesc!

Clint.Nicole.Ryann.and James said...

Congrats! He is a beautiful baby, and Amelia just gets prettier every day. Welcome to the club of birthing a 9 lb baby. I can't believe you did that without drugs!!!! Congrats on the baby and the new job

Jenny said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby and a wonderful, solid name. You have the most beautiful family ever! Good luck with the transition. I know you can handle it. Just accept offers for help!!! Trust me! :)

Scott said...

Congrats! I wish I could hold him! I do miss that sweet new baby snuggle an sleeping in my arms! My "baby" is crazy and into everything!
Wish we could meet his adorable little face and kiss his sweet little cheeks and fingers and toes!
The picture if Amelia kissing him is so sweet!
Miss and love you guys so much!

ChristyLou said...

I can't believe I missed this post!!! I think I forgot that it wasn't showing up on my reader any more. CONGRATULATIONS on your gorgeous new little addition. William is beyond sweet and I love his name. I'm so happy that he's doing so amazingly well. That is wonderful news. I just about fell off my chair when I saw how BIG he was...you're amazing. Good job going natural, especially with a 9-pounder! It is waaaay hard, eh?? I'll still go natural if we have another, but I no longer describe it as "fun." :) Again, congrats and I'm thrilled that he's here safe and sound. Best of luck with your move...I hope it's a smooth-sailing adventure!