It was so fun to celebrate Amelia's birthday on Friday. Grandpa and Grandma Checketts came down and we had a great weekend together. Amelia looked forward all day to "afer dinner" when she got to eat cake "and i-keam too" and open presents. Her favorite presents were the cake pop from Uncle Joe and her new silver shoes.
Cake pop sent from Uncle Joe all the way from Oregon
As for the birthday cake, I made her a chocolate cake (with beets and applesauce of course) with an orange cream frosting in the middle and a fluffy cocoa frosting on top - it was yummy, if I do say so myself! I saw a cake frosted like this in a magazine and loved the way it looked, so while Amelia is still too young to ask for a Curious George cake, I love making the cake I want for her birthday!








I spared you our singing of Happy Birthday, but here is the sweet birthday girl blowing out her candles. Andrew helped her at the end, but she was pretty pleased with herself as you can tell. Grandma and Grandpa Asay skyped us and it was fun to have them join us! Although the cake was tastier on our end than on theirs.
And here is William in the tub. I love how he waves his arms when he gets so excited - it looks like he is trying to make a snow angel.
And here is Amelia snuggling William. She really loves her baby brother and he loves her too! But he is going to have to be a tough boy...
And yes, she yells, "No picture!" at the end. She often yells that when we take pictures these days. Very charming.I also love that Amelia's not old enough yet to tell me not to post pictures like this on my blog! Ha, I just love this one though :)
8 comments:
the last picture makes Amelia look like she is a teenager. She is so cute! We better get together soon before both our kids change too much.
Um, so chocolate cake with orange cream sounds divine. And the beets don't scare me at all, I LOVE beets. :) I'm a huge fan of sticking veggies in everything. Do you have the recipe?
Happy Birthday pretty girl!
Happy Birthday to Amelia, she is so cute!! I loved all the pictures especially the last one :) Her cake looks amazing and really yummy!
Happy Birthday Amelia! That cake looks so yummy! And so pretty! :) I love all the videos!! So glad you had such a fun day!
oh my can you believe they are two!! Emilia is so cute. One of those pictures of her I saw you in it. I know she looks like her dad a lot but she is definitely your baby girl.
Love, Loved, LOVED the post! The girls are loving all the videos. They are so sad when they find out a picture is just a picture and not a video. I love babies in the tub! The "no picture!" is totally awesome. Natalie just says, "cheese, cheese, cheese," even if I'm trying to take a video all you hear is, "cheese, cheese, cheese." It actually is kind of charming!
Love the post and really miss you guys so much!
So fun! I see so much of your mom in Amelia in these pictures Michelle!
Post a Comment